Welcome to the Funamals Blog


Welcome to the Funamals Blog
Funamals is a company that represents the whimsical artwork of Amy DeCaussin.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Healthy Escape from the Winter Blues

As the weather here in North America begins to turn cold, brisk and then eventually just down right frigid, there is a constant subconscious effort to keep one's body warm.  Although I grew up in Michigan, I somehow did not receive that "Look how fun! Snow and Cold!" gene.  I still bask in the hot July weather and cherish it every time it comes around.  For many folks, the cold weather means less exercise. Its hard to voluntarily leave the house to enter the cold, and to workout in room temperature for many means paying lots of money.  But alas...I have found the solution!  The solution to the maddening winter blues!
Enter the Funky Buddha Yoga Hothouse.
  Yoga....and YES HOTHOUSE.  This means that classes are always heated at 95º or hotter.  This may sound downright miserable for some, but for me it is a great escape from what I consider to be "nasty" cold weather.  I am motivated to go to class as I sit in my studio with a hat and a scarf on and freeze.  Sure we have heat in our house, but with so many windows, and a natural desire to always have my surroundings be at 70º or warmer, I am often working at trying not to get the chills.


Healthy, Healthy, Healthy!....Inside and out!  The classes focus on your "center."  During class we work on our posture and core strength.  Often I walk in with a back ache and out feeling 8 years old again!



All during this time, the instructor works to pump positive energy into your soul.  Challenging you, daring you to push each move to the next step...but telling you its okay if you can't.  The instructors are focused and energetic, calming and thorough, while at the same time they have a tendency to make you laugh too.



Something else I really love about this place is that there are no mirrors in the classroom.  There is no where for you to judge yourself in your stretchy clothes--nowhere to go but inward.  This allows you to work from the inside out on your self-improvement.  The walls are covered in chalkboard paint and many people have written positive quotes on them.


This Blog Post was NOT Endorsed by the Funky Buddha Yoga Hothouse.  I posted this with my own free will because I am a member there and I truly love what they are about. -Amy Hofacker

No comments:

Post a Comment