Welcome to the Funamals Blog


Welcome to the Funamals Blog
Funamals is a company that represents the whimsical artwork of Amy DeCaussin.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Appreciating Fan Appreciation

Touching the lives of clients through paint...


I do a lot of custom paintings and ship them out to places all over the world.  Although I don't usually hear much back from my clients, I enjoy what I do and get a lot of satisfaction from it.  With each order there is always a story behind it.  People get the paintings done as gifts, for loved ones, friends or themselves.  The pets are always very special and close to their heart.  I've painted a rescued pet baboon, a pet frog, birds, as well as countless dogs and plenty of cats.  Often the pets have passed away.  People love to have a painting done to memorialize their dear family member.  I can relate as my pups are very important to me as well.  

Here is a story about a client who ordered a custom pet portrait with a really unique composition.  In the chosen photo the dog is sleeping next to the client's husband.  The choice of composition carries a lot of meaning to the family as he had just had surgery and, amid a project needed to lay down in the back of the van.  The dog, always his loyal companion joined his master in the car.  She placed her order and sent the photo, but before the painting was finished and shipped the dog passed away.  

The client decided to keep her order and was very happy to receive it.  On Thanksgiving, a few weeks later I received an email telling me how happy they were to have the painting and how much it meant to them.  She sent me this photo of the painting matted and framed.  This is a story that really touches my heart and encourages me to continue to do what I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment