Welcome to the Funamals Blog


Welcome to the Funamals Blog
Funamals is a company that represents the whimsical artwork of Amy DeCaussin.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hobo Curtains

Shab to Fab...
So we just recently moved into a new house and it has provided a place for many new projects!  Here I was working on the laundry room and as you can see the windows needed a lot of help...
So I came up with an idea to make what I like to call  "Hobo Curtains."  
I have a lot of fabric scraps and upholstery samples that I have collected and I started piecing them together.
Since we are on a tight budget, I did not want to spend the extra money to get curtain rods, so I took a spool of string and strung it across the top of the window, winding it around a nail in the center to keep it tight.  I tied the string to a small clay bead and fished it through the new curtains.  
AND, with a few strips of one of my favorite color fabrics, I tied the curtains together.  They turned out so well that my fiance is now requesting I make "Hobo Curtains" for our living room too!


3 comments: