Welcome to the Funamals Blog


Welcome to the Funamals Blog
Funamals is a company that represents the whimsical artwork of Amy DeCaussin.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Well Hey There,

It has been a while...but there is a lot of reasons for this.


The Holiday season took the Funamals studio by storm.  On any given day during the weeks leading up to the holidays I had a que of 10-18 CUSTOM Pet Portraits that were ordered and needed to be painted every day.  It was fantastic, overwhelming at the same time and I really enjoyed the business.  It is really something to play a part in the joy of other's Christmas givings.  


I have added a lot of new paintings under my Custom Pet Portrait page on this blog.


December was also packed with a Gallery Show.  It was My first solo show and I could not have been more excited!!  The opening was December 9th and the work was up for the month.  I will have photos of the show very soon!


As if The month could not be busier, something came up and my boyfriend and I had to pack up our things and move our home and studio immediately.  As it was an emergency and our decision to move was made within a half an hour and it was the week before Christmas.  Not only did I have lots of paintings to finish, but I also had all the handmade gifts I needed to make for my family still.  This was perhaps one of the more stressful situations I've had in my life.  We had been dealing with a very difficult living situation for some time and the week before Christmas became one of complete mayhem and up-side-downess.   Immediately following our crazy change of plans, on Christmas morning we got Engaged!

Suddenly much of our darkness began to turn into light.  We are very excited to turn our four year relationship into a lifetime of friendship and marriage.  Cam is an artist too and I would like to invited you to check out his work as well.  He has a Gallery show opening this Friday in Grand Rapids, MI.  You can check out his event on Facebook.  

So I haven't been blogging because I have been really busy, but also we do not have internet at our new house yet.  I can't wait to blog about the new house and all of the decorating, and now the wedding too!





No comments:

Post a Comment