Welcome to the Funamals Blog


Welcome to the Funamals Blog
Funamals is a company that represents the whimsical artwork of Amy DeCaussin.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Pillow for the Ring Bearer...Handmade


This is the pillow that my then three year old nephew will be carrying down the aisle at my wedding.  It looks a little bit bare right now because fresh flowers will be added before the ceremony.  I used fabric scraps from my collection and hand sewed most of it with a needle and thread.
The pillow was then stuffed with cut up plastic bags allowing me to finish it completely without spending a dime!  My fiance Cam and I designed the pillow together.  He loves paisley, and although it is not my favorite, I love it here because he does.  I love a good compromise...and it is a good thing because that is what marriage is all about, right?
Finally, I added a ribbon handle on the bottom.  The pillow is complete.  Wedding planning has been smooth sailing so far!




No comments:

Post a Comment