Welcome to the Funamals Blog


Welcome to the Funamals Blog
Funamals is a company that represents the whimsical artwork of Amy DeCaussin.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Grandma's Quality Kitchen Goods

Growing up in my family, a lot of things were always handmade.  I believe the first time I had store bought jelly was probably sometime in high school.  Grandma always made our jelly, and she still does.  All things handmade is a part of our world.  It is a way to get by with spending less money, express our need for creativity, and show each other our love.  Today I am highlighting one area of Grandma's handmade expertise of many.  There will be many more blogs to come about my Grandma's goods as well as my Mother's.  
 Here is a photo of numerous dish clothes and hot pads all made by Grandma.  I really love using them, and I'm not afraid to.  Although they do hold sentimental value, they were also made to be durable.  Grandma occupies much of her time making them, so whenever I go to visit there is always a stack of different colors to choose from.  I always choose a new color because my house is full of lots of colors, not just one.  filling my kitchen with these handmade goodies is like surrounding it with Grandma's love.  She is well known for her cooking, especially her cookies and pies and I like to live up to her kitchen standards.  One thing I always do is keep my kitchen floor very clean, just like Grandma does.  I try to sweep it every day and mop it once every 2-3 weeks.  Grandma mops Her's every week, but I am not that attentive.  Having Grandma's influence has infiltrated much of my life and having her wonderful handmade things in my kitchen keeps the creativity flowing throughout the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment